AP - A federal magistrate judge is considering whether a Colorado man should be released on bond as federal prosecutors pursue terrorism charges against him.
Not What You Needed? Check Out These Related Sites...
- Sexual assault is a 'scourge' on U.S. military: Hagel(Reuters) - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel called sexual assault a "scourge" on Saturday as he addressed graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, where a sergeant stands accused of videotaping female cadets in the showers. "Sexual harassment and sexual assault in the military are a profound betrayal - a profound betrayal - of sacred oaths and sacred trusts," Hagel said. "This scourge must be stamped out." His comments came a day after President Barack Obama delivered a similar message to graduates at the U.S. ...
- Two killed as heavy rains flood San Antonio streetsBy Jim Forsyth SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) - Two women were killed on Saturday as drenching rains in San Antonio triggered floodwaters so strong they swept cars and a city bus off the street and forced the rescue of some 130 people, officials said. The flooding, which followed torrential rains that brought flash-flood warnings across South Texas, inundated a number of major thoroughfares in San Antonio and collapsed the roof of an apartment complex. ...
- Two freight trains collide in Missouri, bringing down overpassBy Tim Bross ST. LOUIS (Reuters) - Two freight trains collided at a rail intersection in rural Missouri on Saturday, triggering the collapse of a highway overpass when at least a dozen rail cars derailed and struck a support pillar, authorities said. None of the seven people hurt in the fiery crash - two train workers and five occupants of two cars on the overpass - suffered life-threatening injuries, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said in a statement. ...
- On Memorial Day, remembering friends, family with ‘a heavy but grateful heart’From William Ray Fullmer: "My nephew, Sgt. Derek Tillman Roberts, spilled his blood on the sands of Iraq to extend the right to live free to the people of the Middle East. On June 14, 2007, Derek was killed by a roadside bomb in Kirkuk, placed by those too cowardly to face him on the [...]
- Storm chaser footage captures the ferocity of Oklahoma tornado (VIDEO)Storm chasers from an outfit called Fast Unit 70 uploaded raw footage of the first 10 minutes of the Moore, Okla., tornado that gives viewers a harrowing sense of what the EF5 twister looked like. Watch that footage here. As cars and trucks zoom past, Chance Coldiron and Justin Cox's camera focuses on the dark [...]
- Police in Australia issue warning on 3-D printed gunThe DIY 3-D gun may not be quite ready for prime time. According to Techworld, the police commissioner in Australia’s New South Wales, Andrew Scipione, has issued a warning after his officers tested one of the firearms—dubbed the "Liberator"—and experienced a “catastrophic misfire” (no one was seriously injured). According to the website, the NSW police [...]
- Cop arrested on suspicion of firebombing police captain’s houseA police officer from Edison, N. J., was arrested Thursday on five counts of attempted murder and one count of aggravated arson in connection with the firebombing of another officer's house, NJ.com reports. Michael A. Dotro was taken into custody after a massive search, and he has been suspended from the force with pay. Bail [...]
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth members[Updated at 6:55 p.m. CT] DALLAS – The Boy Scouts of America, one of the country’s largest and oldest youth organizations, decided on Thursday to break 103 years of tradition by allowing openly gay members into its ranks. The controversial move was approved by more than 60 percent of the approximate 1,400 votes cast by [...]
- NH student's disappearance, death detailed in docsDOVER, N.H. (AP) — Lizzi Marriott left a message saying she'd be home by midnight.
- Judge denies Bulger's bid for name of informantBOSTON (AP) — A federal judge in the trial of reputed gangster James "Whitey" Bulger has denied a request by his lawyers to order prosecutors to name a confidential informant they hope can help undermine the credibility of two key government witnesses.
- Sexual assault is a 'scourge' on U.S. military: Hagel
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 at 3:55 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.