He can kiss the Tagalong voters goodbye. President Barack Obama on Monday revealed that his favorite Girl Scout Cookies are Thin Mints—an announcement that generated a boo or two from a rowdy crowd at a town hall-style rally in Cincinnati. After questions on gay rights, environmental protection and how he planned to help small businesses, [...]
Not What You Needed? Check Out These Related Sites...
- Officials warn of commuter chaos from Connecticut derailmentBy Richard Weizel BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut (Reuters) - Thousands of Connecticut commuters should brace for travel chaos on Monday as Metro-North workers repair damage on the United States' busiest rail line caused by the collision of two trains, officials warned on Sunday. Lengthy detours and hours of traffic backups were likely as many daily train commuters take to the road, officials said. ...
- For Detroit in crisis, next six weeks determine bankruptcy fateBy Bernie Woodall and Karen Pierog DETROIT (Reuters) - Bond restructurings, negotiated settlements with bondholders and bond insurers, and tough talk with unionized workers are on the agenda as Detroit's emergency financial manager tries to meet a self-imposed, six-week deadline to decide whether the city can get through its financial crisis without a bankruptcy filing. Kevyn Orr, a former bankruptcy lawyer, in his first report to the state of Michigan since Governor Rick Snyder appointed him, laid out last week a bracing picture of steps he may need to take to address the city's troubles. ...
- At least one reported dead as tornadoes hammer Oklahoma, Kansas and IowaBy Chris Francescani NEW YORK (Reuters) - A tornado half a mile wide struck near Oklahoma City on Sunday, part of a massive storm front that hammered the central United States. News reports said at least one person had died. By early Sunday evening, 19 tornados had touched down in parts of Iowa, Oklahoma and Kansas, according to the National Weather Service and local news reports. Fox News reported that one person was killed in Shawnee, Oklahoma, east of Oklahoma City. Police in Shawnee could not immediately be reached to confirm the report. ...
- Residents capture amazing videos in the face of tornadoesA series of 16 violent tornadoes ransacked north Texas this week, killing six people and flattening entire neighborhoods. Seven people who were reported missing early Friday morning have now been accounted for, but the storms aren't over yet. Severe thunderstorms are expected late Friday in Alabama and Mississippi, and the Plains and the Midwest face [...]
- Police officer and good Samaritans lift SUV off trapped girlHarrowing dash-cam footage shows officer Steve Nunez of the New Mexico State Police and some good Samaritans lifting an overturned SUV off of a little girl last week. Nunez spoke with KOAT.com about the incident. "It's always hard to see anybody in that situation, but especially children," he said. "And daddy mode kicked in." Nunez [...]
- Woman who lost limbs to flesh-eating bacteria gets bionic handsAimee Copeland, the woman who lost her hands, one leg and her other foot to flesh-eating bacteria after a zip-line accident last year, spoke with WXIA.com and "Today" about her new bionic hands, which are helping her return to a normal life. Copeland, 24, is in the process of learning to use two state-of-the art [...]
- Hoarding disorder gets spotlight in DSM-5Regular viewers of hoarding reality shows are used to being stunned by someone's clutter. But behind the sensationalistic stories of rooms buried in trash, kitchens filled with rotting food, and yards overrun by goats are people suffering from a serious mental illness –hoarding–that for many years was misdiagnosed. The upcoming fifth version of the Diagnostic [...]
- Parents of kids allegedly killed by nanny expecting a babyThe parents of two young children killed last fall allegedly by their nanny announced on Thursday that they are expecting a baby this fall. Kevin and Marina Krim broke the news on a Facebook page established in the memory of their children, Lulu, 6, and Leo, 2, who were found stabbed to death in their [...]
- Taylor Swift leads at Billboard Music AwardsTaylor Swift is red hot.
- Phoenix police officer dies in fatal hit-and-runPHOENIX (AP) — A police officer who was conducting a DUI stop on a vehicle in Phoenix died after another vehicle struck him and then fled the scene.
- Officials warn of commuter chaos from Connecticut derailment
This entry was posted on Monday, July 16th, 2012 at 5:10 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.