A software engineer who was trying to combat hair loss says a generic form of Propecia caused him to develop breasts and made his hips widen like a woman’s. And now, after nine months of taking finasteride, 38-year-old William McKee goes by the name Mandi and is considering having a complete sex change. “My rock-hard [...]
Not What You Needed? Check Out These Related Sites...
- Boy Scouts of America votes to end century-old ban on gay scoutsBy Marice Richter GRAPEVINE, Texas (Reuters) - The Boy Scouts of America voted on Thursday to lift a century-old ban on openly gay scouts in a major victory for gay rights activists, but the decision means a sea of change for an organization that depends heavily on faith-based groups. More than 60 percent of the group's National Council, comprised of some 1,400 delegates, voted in favor of ending the ban, effective January 1, 2014, the group said in a statement. A prohibition on openly gay adult leaders remains in place. ...
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into riverBy Jonathan Kaminsky OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) - Part of a four-lane freeway bridge over a river in a rural area north of Seattle collapsed on Thursday, sending vehicles and people into the frigid water below, authorities said. The collapse on Interstate 5 over the Skagit River happened at about 7 p.m. local time between the towns of Mount Vernon and Burlington, 55 miles north of Seattle, Washington State Patrol spokesman Trooper Mark Francis said. "I've got reports of vehicles and people in the water," Francis said. He added that he did not know if anyone was injured. ...
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey(Reuters) - A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck in Northern California on Thursday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The epicenter of the quake was located 2 miles north-northeast of the town of Canyondam, the USGS said. An initial report said the quake was magnitude 5.9. A 5.7 magnitude quake is considered moderate, but has the potential to cause considerable damage. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. (Writing by the Americas Desk)
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth members[Updated at 6:55 p.m. CT] DALLAS – The Boy Scouts of America, one of the country’s largest and oldest youth organizations, decided on Thursday to break 103 years of tradition by allowing openly gay members into its ranks. The controversial move was approved by more than 60 percent of the approximate 1,400 votes cast by [...]
- ‘Extremely active’ 2013 hurricane season expectedA year after Superstorm Sandy, residents along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts should prepare for "an extremely active" 2013 hurricane season, U.S. forecasters say. There is a "70 percent likelihood" that will be three to six major hurricanes this year with winds above 111 mph, according to the 2013 hurricane outlook unveiled by the National [...]
- Volunteers rescue photos from Oklahoma tornado debrisMOORE, Okla. — Some of the photos are crumpled. Others coated in crud. But what the monster tornado couldn’t obliterate are the memories captured in the images. A girl playing kitchen with her pink toy stove. Colleagues clowning around the office. A father posing with his young girls at a daddy-daughter dance. “These are things [...]
- ‘We aren’t daredevils’: Oklahoma’s storm chasers in the skyMOORE, Okla.—As a helicopter pilot for KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, Jim Gardner had flown over deadly mudslides and earthquakes, covered car chases and was shot at by snipers during the L.A. riots. Yet Gardner was perhaps best known for giving the world its first glimpse of O.J. Simpson’s infamous white Bronco leading police on a [...]
- Police show up at kindergarten graduation after girl’s dad killed in line of dutyFive-year-old Tatum Raetz was cheered on by hundreds of police officers on Wednesday at her kindergarten graduation. What was going to be a happy occasion took a heartbreaking, tragic turn when her father, Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz, was struck and killed by a car on Sunday during a DUI arrest. The officers were there [...]
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake shakes Northern CalifGREENVILLE, Calif. (AP) — A magnitude 5.7 earthquake hit Northern California Thursday night that was widely felt across the region, but there were no reports of serious damage.
- Fear of art sale sparked by Detroit emergency manager asking for appraisalBy Steve Neavling DETROIT (Reuters) - As part of his efforts to solve Detroit's financial crisis, the city's emergency manager Kevyn Orr has asked for an appraisal of the collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts, sparking fears in artistic and philanthropic circles that he means to auction off the city's artistic jewels. Orr was appointed in March by Michigan's Republican Governor Rick Snyder to tackle the shrinking city's long-term debt problem, which the emergency manager estimated at $15 billion in a recent report on the state of Detroit. ...
- Boy Scouts of America votes to end century-old ban on gay scouts
This entry was posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 6:53 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.