A 66-year-old man entered a hospital intensive care unit and shot his 65-year-old wife while standing at her bedside, Ohio police said.
Not What You Needed? Check Out These Related Sites...
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abusedBy David Schwartz PHOENIX (Reuters) - The foreman of an Arizona jury that deadlocked over whether Jodi Arias should be put to death for murdering her ex-boyfriend believes she was mentally abused, but said on Friday that had not been enough to excuse her crime. Arias, a former waitress from California, was found guilty this month of murdering Travis Alexander, whose body was found slumped in the shower of his Phoenix-area home in June 2008. He had been stabbed 27 times, had his throat slashed and been shot in the face. ...
- Illinois House votes to allow residents to carry concealed gunsBy Joanne von Alroth SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (Reuters) - The Illinois House of Representatives on Friday voted overwhelmingly to allow residents to carry concealed guns, taking the state one step closer to joining all others in allowing some form of carrying guns in public. Illinois is the only state in the nation to ban most people from carrying a concealed gun outside the home. Lawmakers acted on Friday after a federal appeals court in January struck down the ban, saying it violated the right to bear arms enshrined in the U.S. Constitution. ...
- Federal agency accepts Nevada hospital's plan to curb patient-dumpingBy Ronnie Cohen (Reuters) - Federal authorities approved a Nevada hospital's proposal on Friday for correcting deficiencies that led to newly discharged psychiatric patients being bused out of state without adequate plans for continued care. The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services also said it would conduct unannounced inspections of Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas to ensure that procedures are in place and working to prevent further instances of so-called patient dumping. ...
- On Memorial Day, remembering friends, family with ‘a heavy but grateful heart’From William Ray Fullmer: "My nephew, Sgt. Derek Tillman Roberts, spilled his blood on the sands of Iraq to extend the right to live free to the people of the Middle East. On June 14, 2007, Derek was killed by a roadside bomb in Kirkuk, placed by those too cowardly to face him on the [...]
- Storm chaser footage captures the ferocity of Oklahoma tornado (VIDEO)Storm chasers from an outfit called Fast Unit 70 uploaded raw footage of the first 10 minutes of the Moore, Okla., tornado that gives viewers a harrowing sense of what the EF5 twister looked like. Watch that footage here. As cars and trucks zoom past, Chance Coldiron and Justin Cox's camera focuses on the dark [...]
- Police in Australia issue warning on 3-D printed gunThe DIY 3-D gun may not be quite ready for prime time. According to Techworld, the police commissioner in Australia’s New South Wales, Andrew Scipione, has issued a warning after his officers tested one of the firearms—dubbed the "Liberator"—and experienced a “catastrophic misfire” (no one was seriously injured). According to the website, the NSW police [...]
- Cop arrested on suspicion of firebombing police captain’s houseA police officer from Edison, N. J., was arrested Thursday on five counts of attempted murder and one count of aggravated arson in connection with the firebombing of another officer's house, NJ.com reports. Michael A. Dotro was taken into custody after a massive search, and he has been suspended from the force with pay. Bail [...]
- Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth members[Updated at 6:55 p.m. CT] DALLAS – The Boy Scouts of America, one of the country’s largest and oldest youth organizations, decided on Thursday to break 103 years of tradition by allowing openly gay members into its ranks. The controversial move was approved by more than 60 percent of the approximate 1,400 votes cast by [...]
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NYEPHRATAH, N.Y. (AP) — The founder of Angel Flight Northeast says he's "tremendously saddened" to hear that one of its flights crashed in upstate New York, killing two passengers. Investigators are searching for the pilot, who is missing.
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles LatinosPHOENIX (AP) — A federal judge ruled Friday that the office of America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff systematically singled out Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols, marking the first finding by a court that the agency racially profiles people.
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
This entry was posted on Sunday, August 5th, 2012 at 10:15 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.