Americans don’t like all the cash that’s going to super political action committees and other outside groups that are pouring millions of dollars into races for president and Congress.
Not What You Needed? Check Out These Related Sites...
- Michelle Obama lays roses at bloodiest site along Berlin WallBy Sarah Marsh and Alexandra Hudson BERLIN (Reuters) - Michelle Obama and her daughters threaded roses through the narrow slots of a Berlin Wall memorial on Wednesday, honoring those who died trying to cross the Cold War barrier at a site which holds special poignancy in the once divided city. Accompanied by Angela Merkel's husband Joachim Sauer, who like the German leader hails from the former East Germany, President Barack Obama's family toured the Bernauer Strasse memorial where desperate residents of East Berlin once tried to jump from their windows into the western half of the city. ...
- Confessed killer says did not dictate deal to turn on 'Whitey' BulgerBy Daniel Lovering BOSTON (Reuters) - An altar-boy-turned-gang-enforcer told jurors at the trial of accused mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger on Wednesday that he did not set the terms of a deal with prosecutors allowing him to serve just 12 years in prison for 20 murders in exchange for details against his former boss. The witness, John "The Executioner" Martorano, was the first member of the ruthless Winter Hill Gang to testify against Bulger, who is on trial for charges including racketeering and 19 murders that occurred in the 1970s and '80s. ...
- FBI director says IRS tax exemption probe a top priorityWASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than a dozen FBI agents are assigned to the criminal investigation into the Internal Revenue Service's added scrutiny of conservative political groups seeking tax-exempt status, FBI Director Robert Mueller said on Wednesday. "It's a high-priority investigation and it needs to be handled with care, but it also needs to be pushed aggressively because it's a very important case," Mueller told the Senate Judiciary Committee at a hearing. ...
- TWA Flight 800 crash not due to gas tank explosion, say former investigatorsThe producers of an upcoming documentary on TWA Flight 800—which exploded and crashed into the waters off Long Island, N.Y., on July 17, 1996, killing all 230 people on board—claim to have proof that an explosion outside the Paris-bound flight caused the crash. And six former investigators who took part in the film say there [...]
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in car crash at 33Michael Hastings, the award-winning journalist whose explosive 2010 Rolling Stone profile of U.S. Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal ("The Runaway General") led to McChrystal's resignation, died Tuesday in an early morning car accident in Los Angeles, the magazine said. He was 33. "Hard-charging, unabashedly opinionated, Hastings was original and at times abrasive," Rolling Stone, where he [...]
- Husband still needs a kidney for his wifeLarry Swilling has been on a months-long quest: He's searching for a kidney for his wife. The 78-year-old, who has been looking for a compatible kidney donor for 76-year-old Jimmie Sue since last September, has caught the attention of the Web. But almost a year later, and despite lots of good will and plenty of [...]
- The money mattress: A Spanish invention stores cash in bedsFor Spanish businessman Paco Santos, the safest place to keep money is still under a mattress—or rather, inside it. Santos, according to NPR, who was laid off from Spain’s largest mattress manufacturer three years ago, is the inventor of the Caja de ahorros Micolchon, or “My Mattress Safe." It's a plush, padded mattress with a [...]
- Stranded teens rescued by helicopter from atop cliffA pair of California teens were rescued by helicopter from atop an 8,600-foot cliff after they became stranded and were unable to climb down, CNN reports. The California Highway Patrol dispatched a helicopter and a small plane to retrieve them. With winds gusting up to 30 mph and the teenage boys, 16 and 17, perched [...]
- Maine man charged in teen death pleads not guiltyBANGOR, Maine (AP) — A man accused of using a phony Facebook profile to lure a 15-year-old girl to her death pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and kidnapping charges.
- Events in the disappearance of Jimmy HoffaA chronology of events in the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, former president of the Teamsters union:
- Michelle Obama lays roses at bloodiest site along Berlin Wall
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 15th, 2012 at 7:12 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.